Wednesday 6 March 2019

Reflecting on my inquiry so far

The above quote summarises what I have been thinking for the past two weeks. Sometimes I feel as if I have a  lot of time. The mind says 'you have all year to do this inquiry' then the logical part of the brain come in with 'act now, think, plan and act'.

My inquiry has taken off. The target group or sample has been selected. As mentioned in previous posts, I am focussing on achievement challenge 3. My sample group predominantly consists of Maori students with a few other students of Pasifika descent.

I have a strong hunch this inquiry will work but I also know the reality of how much work is needed and time I need to put into this inquiry.

What I have been focussing on in my classroom practice in reading so far:
text selection
dialogic discussions
learn and create activities
building an inclusive culture in the classroom and groups

Where to from now?
So much more to do. I feel excited and anxious at the same time. Watch this space because this waka (inquiry) is now starting to sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...