Sunday 3 May 2020

Blog commenting by Room 7

When we signed up for Tuhi Mai, Tuhi Atu this year, I thought a lot about how we could make it work for our class. I then came up with an idea for the students to put the links of the blogs they comment on in a spreadsheet. 

At a glance, the spreadsheets gives me a quick indication of who has been commenting on blogs. The link also takes me directly to the blog post and the comment which was left my by student. Very handy to check if the students are leaving positive, kind and helpful comments. 

Since starting this, we have been able to make so many blog comments but I think the more important aspect of this initiative is the exposure to rich blog posts my students have received from visiting the blogs of our school, cluster and our Tuhi Mai Tuhi Atu buddy classes. 

For many of my students, blogging is more meaningful now because they know their peers are looking at their blog posts and learning from what they are posting. We have also encouraged teachers in our school to post comments on the blogs of students which is wonderful. We now have to work on getting our whanau to comment on our blogs. 

At the end of each week, I add up all the blog comments made and make a giphy to announce how many we achieved. Each week's total is different and looking into why it is different each week is an inquiry on its own. For now we will just celebrate what we are able to achieve each week. 


via GIPHY

via GIPHY
GIPHY

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

5 comments:

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...