Tuesday 19 May 2020

Manaiakalani Digital Fluency Day 3 - Media (Post 1/2)

The presentation by Dorothy about the CREATE aspect of the Manaiakalani pedagogy was a very empowering session for me. As Dorothy was presenting, my mind was off in so many paths thinking about what I have been doing in my practice and how I can dive into more meaningful creativity activities with my students. 

The above quote is taken from a Pt England School poster. My interpretation of this statement is: our students are active participants in their learning to learn, challenge and create using the content they learn. Our students are not passive participants in their own learning. Like a waka, they are in the waka rowing with us. 

The above quote from Dr Jessen is very valuable. I have been thinking a lot about the Manaiakalani pedagogy of Learn, Create, Share and how I can better implement this pedagogy in my practice. I have also been planning my CoL inquiry in Writing around CREATING as it is the HOOK which hooks the learners. 

I will discuss my CoL inquiry around creating in Writing in a another blog post coming soon. Watch this space. 




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Amy,
    I love the quote "creators of content not merely consumers of content". I often remind our students that we encourage Learn Create Share not Learn Google Share! As teachers and leaders we have to ensure each day the students have enough time to create for the purpose of sharing their learning.
    This means they need to know a number of create tools so they can think about the audience and what is the purpose of their blog post and choose the best tool.
    Nga mihi,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...