Tuesday 19 May 2020

Manaiakalani Digital Fluency Day 3 - Media (Post 2/2)

How Much Time Do You Spend on YouTube? Find Out Now | PCMag
The Youtube session was quite interesting. I use Youtube on a daily basis and my Youtube channel consists of family movies I put together for family events. I have always been cautious of listing the materials I upload on Youtube as unlisted. That was a great reminder today about our settings and setting the sharing settings to unlisted. I really value the reinforcement Dorothy reminded us about regarding the danger of Youtube for our students. Cybersmart is so vital especially with Youtube. 

Google Drawings - Wikipedia
It was wonderful to explore so many other ways we can use Google Drawings. My students, especially the boys enjoy using Google Drawings to create digital art. We have to have a digital art exhibition soon to showcase their awesome artwork. Below is my About Me, Google Drawing using Vicki's template. 



Google slides is an application I use more than any other Google app. I have confidence in using Google Slides for presentations and for teaching materials but like always my world was expanded beyond my imagination today. I especially enjoyed creating my Pick a Path Quiz today with Venessa. I have always wanted to learn how to create a Pick a Path story or quiz and now I have. I am really keen for my students to do the same. 

Today for my create activity, I created this homophone quiz. There are many little steps in making a pick a path quiz or story and I plan to make many more to be more confident and efficient in making these fun activities. 

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    Looking across your two posts from the Media DFI, you have taken away so much learning. It's great to see how you are using this in your classroom to support your students, to keep them motivated, to keep them creating!
    Your homophones quiz is great, and I can imagine that your students will enjoy this! There were a few links that didn't quite work as expected, so worth checking over before sharing with your students. With your students being Year 7 & 8's, I could see them creating some amazing pick a path quizzes too! I'm looking forward to hearing the feedback from your students.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...