Wednesday 20 May 2020

Putting my DFI learning into practise

Yesterday the Create part of our DFI course was so motivating for me. To think of the many fun and exciting activities my class and I will work through is just wonderful.

Post lockdown, I want to capture the students' feelings as they come back to school. I wanted to them reflect on how lockdown was for them and share their experiences. 

I created a Google Drawing with prompt questions for them to answer. I deliberately made the Google Drawing A4 because I did not want too much room for writing. I wanted the students to explain their responses in detail using screencastify.

Richie and Dwyane were the first to finish their screencastify. I am very proud of my students for their Learn, Create and Share work.




1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Amy,
    I really enjoyed reading your reflections of the last DFI session. It is great seeing you putting your learning straight into action into the classrooms. Are these DLO's o the students blogs as I would love to share this with my cluster as an example of collecting feedback from the Learning From Home.
    Would you share their blogs with me so I can pass it on to our teachers?
    Nga mihi,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...