Wednesday 20 March 2019

Gathering student voice

Gathering student voice
As well as collecting assessment data it is also important to know our learners. In every inquiry I have done, I always collect student voice at the beginning of the inquiry. With this inquiry I sent a google form to my target group to collect information about their experiences, preferences and views about reading. It was quite informative when I reviewed the responses from the group.

I was very happy to see they all like reading as a subject. It was also interesting to find out a few of the students do not read at home. This is one of the factors I would like to change in my inquiry. For my students to have a love of reading and to read not only at school but also at home. Their interests in reading topics vary which is fantastic because it brings variety and exposure to different topics.

Here are the responses from the google form.

Student voice Term 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...