Monday 8 March 2021

Across School CoL Teacher

Talofa lava, my name is Amy Tofa. I am year 7/8 classroom teacher at Glenbrae School. I have been teaching for 12 years in the Manaiakalani Cluster. I am very grateful to be an Across School CoL teacher this year as I know it will contribute immensely to my professional growth, my career path and also enable me to be more effective in my teaching practice in accelerating the progress of my students. 

In the past two years, I have been a Within School CoL teacher. My inquiry for these years were focussed in Reading. In my 2019 inquiry I focussed on deep diving into multimodal texts and teaching my students to have rich conversations/talanoa relating to the texts they were reading and emphasise their ability to carry meaning from texts into their social conversations. 


In 2020, I focussed on integrating my literacy programme by having my students in one literacy group where they were in the same reading and writing groups. Through this integration, we (the students and I) were able to use the reading materials to gather information and analyse features of different writing genres in preparation for writing. My 2020 inquiry also emphasised our use of the Manaiakalani Kaupapa of Learn, Create, Share. We started to be more critical in how we were blogging through the types of blog posts we were posting, how we were responding to each others' blogs and also sharing our learning with our wider audiences. 

Please feel free to visit my class blog and my class site.

Nga mihi 

Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...