Monday 8 March 2021

Leading discussions about our school data and planning for next actions

Today I presented my analysis of our school data to our staff. After going through the 77 page Glenbrae School Student Achievement Data Analysis Report, I was able to summarise where we are with the achievement of our students compared to the national norm and also other schools in our cluster. 

I emphasised during my presentation that numbers/data tell a story. In my years of conducting teaching as inquiries, I have grown to have a passion for collecting and analysing data. Our school data has really given me a bigger insight into the learning journeys of our students and where we as a school need to focus on to raise the achievement of our tamariki. 

I created a google document where I collated information I gathered form the tables and graphs on our school report. I also used voice recordings to discuss my questions and wonderings about what the data showed. (MOTE is the extension I used to record my voice recordings). At the end of the document I put down my wonderings and shared these with my colleagues.


During our staff discussion, a lot of great ideas and questions were discussed. As a staff we collaborated about our next learning steps. Each of us sharing our expertise. Collaboration is a wonderful tool especially when we all have the same vision. HE WAKA EKE NOA.

I also presented how to conduct a teaching as inquiry. We have a number of beginning teachers on staff this year and this presentation was of great importance to them in making the start on their own teaching as inquiry. 

At the end of my presentation, I asked our staff to write a reflection of what they were able to gain from what I presented. I feel it is vital that I gather their feedback and comments as this will enable me to help in my role to support our staff. 

Here are some of the feedback I received. 








I am very happy that I have analysed our data, I have presented to our staff and we as a staff are aware of what we need to do now. We have agreed to focus on raising the achievement of our students in Reading. We are also looking at utilising PD we have received in Oral Literacy for our Teaching as Inquiry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...