Monday 23 April 2018

Inquiry focus



One of the points which was discussed in our first meetings with Mary was the response from students that no one other than their classroom teachers read their writing. I started to think and realised this is mainly true. The students have blogs where they post their work and writing but they seldom have viewers leaving comments. I also started to reflect on how I would feel as a writer if no one was reading my writing.

During my discussion with Mary to plan my teaching as inquiry, I shared with her my hunch which was 'the students will be motivated to write if there is an authentic audience and purpose to their writing'.

Therefor here is my focus question - Will students identifying an authentic audience engage them more in their writing?

There are several success criteria for my inquiry:

  • One, the students will be motivated to write when there are people who will read their writing and give them feedback
  • Two, there is a real purpose for their writing
  • Three, they will be able to be receptive to feedback from others
  • Four, they will enjoy writing and not view writing as a task they have to complete

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...