Friday 13 April 2018

Embarking on a learning journey.

As a teacher one is always reflective of one's practice. Putting theory into practice and implementing changes after gathering evidence from observations and student work samples. This year our staff are focussing on Writing for our Teaching as Inquiry. We are working with our facilitator Mary Wootton to identify how we can accelerate student writing.

The Manaiakalani process of teaching as inquiry is in the image attached to this post. We will gather evidence, identify trends, hypothesise and use research to justify our actions. We will also use research to conduct professional learning discussions.

As I embark on this journey I am excited and eager inquire into my practice, record and share my findings with my colleagues and students.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...