Tuesday 2 June 2020

Manaiakalani Digital Fluency Day 5 - Sites

Another great day with our Manaiakalani Digital Fluency group today. I was reminded of how important is it for our sites to be visible not only to our students but for our wahanau, colleagues and anyone else who would like to look at what we are learning in our classrooms. 

Kelly mentioned that the sites have to  be culturally responsive. I don't think my class site is very culturally responsive at the moment and that is now a goal for me to work on. I have to ensure my site represents my learners and the environment of our learning space.

We spent quite some time looking at Multi Modal texts today. The wide and deep reading approach as suggested by the Woolf Fisher Research Centre is one where we can really utilise digital technologies. The digital affordances are great but there is still the very important need for the teacher to ensure the students are engaged in using and understanding the resources. 

Our create activity today was on creating a site using resources our group collected. My group used a resource from the Connected series. The main text is called On the Move. We used Jamboard to collaborate in collecting our resources. When we finished collecting our resources, each of us had to make a visible, eye catching and multi modal site. 

Here is the site I created today for On the Move. My next site I will create is for our Mana Whenua unit at school. 
On the Move Google Site

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Amy,

    It was great to connect with you last week. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the day. I look forward to seeing where you get to with your class site and your goal to make it more culturally responsive. Remember to make your Animal Migration site visible outside of your school domain :)

    Ngā mihi
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...