Sunday 25 August 2019

Manaiakalani 2019 Hui

I attended my first Manaiakalani Hui this year. It was a very exciting and educational opportunity for me.

With every presenter, they brought to the discussion their part of being the collaborators in the education of our tamariki. It really brought the big picture into perspective for me. So many involved with Manaiakalani from the Ministry of Education, edcuators, health boards, businesses, researchers and more.

I could not help but think how very fortunate we are to be part of Manaiakalani with so much support and work being done to help the learners of not only the Tamaki area but the outreach schools.

Post hui, I have shared the slides from the hui with my colleagues at Glenbrae school along with the notes I took from the hui. I also sent an invitation to approach me for a professional discussion about what I gathered.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for attending Amy and big thanks for taking the time to write it up and share here. I also appreciate the practical approach you are taking with your colleagues who had to stay back and keep the school running.
    We covered a lot, but also had to leave a lot out as we have so much going on in Manaiakalani.
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...