Thursday 8 August 2019

Collecting achievement and reflecting on progress

Using google forms for quizzes is enabling me to take a snapshot of the whole class with their progress with not only Reading but also in Maths.

The students are driven to do better than their last test and they are also working hard during the week to learn and question if they do not understand. The instant marking of the google form enables them to see how they did in the test.

It is also teaching my students about taking tests and the absolute focus and perseverance needed when trying to complete a test.

I am limiting our testing to one test in different curriculum areas a week because I do not want to be focussing on just taking tests.

Here is the second maths test I created for our fractions unit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...