Wednesday 10 February 2021

A great opportunity arises early 2021

This year I am working as a CoL Across School teacher. It is a role I have aspired to have for a long time. I applied for the role in 2020 and was appointed at the end of 2020. 

One of my first responsibilities is to be a facilitator for the DFI (Digital Fluency Intensive) Course for the first cohort this year. To be a facilitator is an exciting opportunity. I have to admit, I was a bit anxious at first when I found out I will be a facilitator but I surely was ready for the challenge. 

Today was our first session. I lead a bubble of six wonderful educators all up skilling in how to use digital technologies in their practice. Although, I did the course last year myself, I find I am also learning and reinforcing a lot of skills during the course this time round. 

I am very proud to be a Manaiakalani teacher. I have been in the Manaiakalani cluster since I started my teaching career and can not imagine teaching outside Manaiakalani. Being a facilitator in the DFI Course is highlighting a lot of the reasons why I have enjoyed teaching in Manaiakalani schools. 

Sharing my knowledge, skills and experiences with my bubble is very rewarding. I also learn a lot from my bubble members. We have a great team where we collaborate and help each other out during the day.

I am excited for next seven weeks of the course. I also forgot to mention that I am working with a great team of leaders and facilitators who I am learning so much from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...