Monday 10 August 2020

Presenting my inquiry to our staff

Last week, I had the opportunity to present what I have been working on with my teaching as inquiry. I was very happy with the feedback from my principal and colleagues because it shows my inquiry is moving in a direction where it could help my school and colleagues. 

In discussing that my focus is in embedding the Learn, Create, Share pedagogy in my teaching, I explained that within the Learn, Create and Share aspect, each word has a lot of deliberate teacher actions involved. 

I also shared what I have been trying to achieve with using the  SISOMO acronym with the creation of DLOs. I noticed my students are very confident in creating DLOs using Google Slides and Google Draw. At the DFI sessions I had been attending I learnt that SISOMO is when a digital object has sight, sound and motion. I have encouraging my students to use Screencastify on their devices for their DLO creations. They can still create a Google Drawing or Google Slide presentation but most of the explaining can be done by them using Screencastify. I will post up a few examples of what my students have been producing using Screencastify in my next post. 

In supporting my colleagues, I have sent a document where each teacher can explain how they are embedding the Learn, Create, Share pedagogy in their practice. After analysing this data, I will then plan a presentation to be presented at a staff meeting where we will collaborate as a staff to get a common understanding of how to embed Learn, Create and Share in our learning programmes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...