Thursday 5 March 2020

Kia whakatōmuri te haere whakamua: ‘I walk backwards into the future with my eyes fixed on my past’.

2019 Inquiry Stocktake

The year year has started and I am now getting inquiry for 2020 started. I was not able to attend the first PLG for our Manaiakalani CoL team but have had the opportunity to catch up with Fiona afterwards. 

My first blog post for this year is a stocktake of last year's inquiry. Being a first year CoL teacher last year, there were a lot of new learning, challenges and great opportunities to network with other CoL teachers and the Manaiakalani team. As Mr Burt always says "We are a whanau in the Manaiakalani cluster". I really tautoko this. 

You will be able to see in my stocktake, the aspects of inquiry, challenges and ways to move forward for myself as a CoL teacher within Glenbrae School. 

This year my inquiry focus is shifting to another area of the curriculum but I will still be maintaining what I focussed on in 2019. 

My 2020 inquiry will be in a post soon to come. 

Kia Kaha Mrs Tofa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...