Monday 15 August 2022

Casual chain for my Teaching as Inquiry

Link to google drawing

This is the casual chain for my inquiry this year. It is the first year my target group is a group of teachers. I am hoping this year's inquiry will create a planning model for our team to use which takes in all we are wanting to achieve with our teaching of reading. 

  • Engaging learners 
  • Encouraging a love of reading
  • Using digital tools for literacy - multimodal texts
  • Incorporating effective reading instruction
  • Accelerating student progress in reading 
  • Building confidence in teachers to plan an effective reading programme 
This week we are co-constructing our own planning model from our discussions and reflections from the Reading Planning Fala Model. I feel it is important to unpack the Fala model together, then put our ideas into a model/template which we can all use for our own planning. I am looking forward to the rich discussions which we will have as a team when we unpack the Fala model. From my last post, I shared the variety of experiences and expertise our teachers have in teaching reading. I also shared the challenges which were highlighted from the survey. In our discussions we will unpack these and plan ahead for how we can address these challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...