Friday 10 June 2022

Spoilt with resources

This blog post title as interesting as it is reflects how I feel after gathering materials for a presentation I presented to our teaching team today. 

I have been thinking of focussing my TAI on coaching/mentoring my sample group to plan reading programmes focussed on using the High Leverage Practices. However, in conversations with Naomi Rosedale, she shared that the Designing Learning with the End in Mind Model was created to incorporate the High Leverage Practices as well as the digital affordance. BINGO! I THINK I have found what I want to focus on, for my TAI. 

In searching through the resources shared from Manaiakalani PLGs, Wananga days and Data Sharing days, I am just so grateful for all the resources we have. I feel we are blessed with so much that we can use in our teaching. Accessibility at its finest. So many presentations with such valuable information. Well informed and presented information at that too. 

Designing Learning with the End in Mind Model


When looking at the model above, these are the aspects of a reading programme which I want to work on with my sample group. I believe the model above, will enable teachers to incorporate highly effective teaching practices while utilising the digital tools available to us.

I have yet to frame my question but at least I know the main focus of my inquiry now. Using the Designing Learning with the End in Mind Model to create a reading programme for my sample group.

Here are the resources I put together for my presentation today. Again highlighting the wealth of information, research, resources available to us in the Manaiakalani cluster. Aren't we so lucky?

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea Amy. I know you will bring your expertise and innovative approaches to implementing this with your team. It will be very helpful for us all to see what emerges from your context. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...