Friday 6 May 2022

Returning back to work

 

I have now returned back to school after one term of maternity leave. My little girl was born on 4 January 2022. While it was emotional to leave my little girl at home and come back to work, I was also very excited to being back at school and fulfilling my role as a teacher and CoL Across School leader. 

I am fortunate to be in the Manaiakalani Reading Design group and my first week back involved working with the Manaiakalani Reading Design to discuss and plan a literacy programme to address the reading challenge we have in our clusters. 

I also participated in my first CoL PLG on Thursday and shared what I think will be my TAI for 2022. For my TAI this year, I am looking at working with teachers to build the literacy programme in their classrooms. When sharing in our group, I was not sure how the quantitative data would be collected if the teachers are my sample for my TAI. Our convenor, Russell Burt, pointed out that, the student data will be the evidence if our TAI are effective or not. That statement is very true because, if I am working with teachers to structure their literacy programme to improve the learning of our students, then student achievement data and also the qualitative data we collect will be an indication of the effectiveness of my TAI.

Image from https://www.pinterest.com.au/barbaraane73/samoan-proverbs/

The Samoan proverb above summarises how I feel about my start back to school at the moment. I have lost out on a term of work, I would have liked to have started my TAI at the beginning of the year but now I am starting in term two. My next steps are to start looking at my sample, gathering their voice then using my knowledge, experience and resources I have from PLGs I have attended to build a literacy programme our teaches can use in their classrooms. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...