Friday 3 April 2020

Small changes bring about bigger changes


Sharing my love of reading with my students is a great joy. We have always had a bookshelf in our classroom which accommodated a lot of Duffy books. This year I have changed the contents of the bookshelf by putting books I have personally selected. The attention to the bookshelf has changed tremendously. There is always an eagerness amongst the students to read the books on the shelf. 

I introduced each book to the students and explained my rationale for choosing each book. Some of the rationale include authors, topics and historical links in texts in fiction texts, personal connection to texts. 

I have also noticed a shift in enjoyment of SSR. I am still trying to conclude if the shift is mainly among the girls or both genders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...