Tuesday 22 May 2018

Critical thinking about our authentic audience.

I created a document where the students record who their target audience is and the rationale for choosing that audience. The document also has links to their writing for that particular genre. 

Reading the comments by the students highlighted the lack of authenticity for choosing their target audiences. I reflected on whether the writing tasks themselves are authentic enough for students to feel there should be a specific audience and a purpose to their writing. I am also reflecting on how I can make the writing tasks more interactive and fun for the students. 

Screen shot of what the document looks like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...