Sunday 24 September 2023

GBS holiday learning programme update


As of Saturday 11.51 pm, there are 53 students who have signed up for our holiday learning programme. I have to admit the holiday programme is taking up a lot of my mental space at the moment. There are so many aspects of the programme I am thinking about and worrying about.

How will I ensure the activities for the holiday learning programme is exciting for the students and caters for years 4-8? I have been thinking, since this is happening during the school holidays and I am mostly working from home while the students are working from home, I want to have whanau involvement as much as possible in the programme. It will give parents, caregivers and whanau opportunities to be active supporters for students participating. I have also been thinking of including my own whanau especially my daughters as I believe it will excite the students to see the little girls, a lot of students enquire about.

How can I ensure all blog posts are commented on and are allocated points? I have a spreadsheet I have created for my team and I which has all the names of the participants listed under their class. I have also shared the link for the feed with my team to check as blog posts are updated. However, there is still the WHAT IF worry. 

I have already encountered some challenges with the blogs for some of the students who have not been blogging for some time. Some blogs are showing that they need to be upgraded. I have sent a request through for support from the Awhina team to upgrade these blogs. 

I know for a lot of our students, they will be busy during their holidays but if we can engage them in some learning activities during the holidays through this programme, then our mission is accomplished. I am really hoping this is the start of exciting our students to utilise their blogs to share the excellent learning they do in their classes and also their unique and wonderful creativity. I am a strong advocate for promoting creativity in learning and through the blogs, our students can shine in their element.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of my teaching as inquiry this year

  How do mathematical practices in DMIC support learner identities in Maths? The shift in student independence in solving mathematical prob...